A blog about whats hip and current on the fashion circuit and the hits and misses on the red carpet
Friday, December 31, 2010
Best Dressed of the Year
(10) Diane Kruger stole the spotlight from star Rachel McAdams at the Berlin premiere of Sherlock Holmes wearing this Karl Lagerfeld Spring 2010 dress with Chanel boots and carrying an Alexander McQueen clutch. I love that this is not a conventional look, it is a shame we do not see more of the Karl Lagerfeld line on the red carpet because this is almost always the result.
(9) A best dressed of the year list is not complete with out the queen of glamour Cate Blanchett. When she wore this stunning vintage Christian Lacroix dress from Decades Inc I was not impressed. Actually I hated this look but then i grew to absolutely love it. I'm surprised she wore this for an endorsement appearance and not a major movie premiere or award show. Queen Cate does it right yet again!
(8) Now I know that most will not agree with this choice but this was one of my favorite gowns from the Elie Saab Fall 2009 Couture show and when I first saw Rihanna wearing it on the red carpet at the 2010 Grammy Awards my jaw dropped. I knew right then and there that this dress was going to be on this list no matter what.
(7) Jennifer Lopez dropped the goddess look to give us sex kitten during the press tour for "The Back-Up Plan" she rocked it out in this Lanvin Fall 2010 dress that she paired with a Lanvin necklace a Christian Louboutin clutch and Salvatore Ferragamo Pumps at the London premiere. I love this look on her and a few other celebs have worn this dress and JLo wins a bitch stole my look poll out of any of them. I love that she was bold enough to wear a necklace with the asymmetrical neckline.
(6) Kate Hudson gave us old Hollywood at the 2010 Golden Globes. I'm a sucker for anyone giving that glamour of the 60s sex kitten and that is what Kaye gave me in this Marchesa Spring 2010 Bridal gown with Van Cleef and Arpels jewels. Kudos to Kate and Rachel Zoe for choosing this ensemble.
(5) Anne Hathaway attended the Armani Prive Spring 2010 Fashion Show earlier this year wearing Giorgio Armani Resort 2010 and Christian Louboutin shoes. I love that this dress is not the atypical celebrity front row uniform which is a pencil dress and Louboutins and some big sunglasses. The beautiful detail on the bodice makes this dress stand out and the shoes mate perfectly without being matchy matchy.
(4) Again Cate Blanchett and again she looked amazing. She was the person that when somebody mentioned the Tony Awards, I thought of first. This futuristic Armani Prive Spring 2010 Couture suit that the queen pared with Armani Prive shoes and Van Cleef & Arpels jewels makes the queen stand out and the hair cut suits her so well. I love that she is always playing up and giving us new things to see and not always the same style that so many celebrities do.
(3) WOW was the first thing I said when I saw this look on Miranda Kerr. What do you thing she was doing? Going to a press event or photocall? Nope. She was getting her drivers licensee renewed! The supermodel wore an off the runway ensemble from Prada's Resort 2010 collection. The way SHE styled this look is what makes it stand out. Again she does not stick to the supermodel uniform of jeans and a t-shirt or Herve Leger bandage dresses. The whole ensemble was amazing.
(2) With the huge fashion buzz around the "Black Swan" premieres supporting actress Ksenia Solo had to keep up with red carpet heavyweights Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis. At the New York premiere Ksenia took the carpet and my breath away wearing this stunning red Romona Keveza Spring 2011 gown. She upstaged both heavyweights and told everyone that she is a force to be reckoned with on the red carpet. For the balls to take the carpet by storm and the attitude she exudes she wins this place on the list.
(1) Regular readers and those who know me will not be surprised by my pick of Coco Rocha as my best dressed of 2010. Why? Because a) this is a dress with A LOT of drama and I love drama and b) this dress is from my FAVORITE Zac Posen collection the Spring 2008 Ready-To-Wear line. This dress was my favorite at the Met Gala in May and is my favorite of the year.
*Note to my Readers*
Thanks for making 2010 a great year and I hope that it will be an even better 2011. I am taking a break until January 6th when I will start my 2011 Awards Season coverage starting with my awards from the Peoples Choice Awards. I ask that you please comment on the posts to let me know what you think and again thanks for a great 2010!