Monday, February 28, 2011

LoveIt or HateIt: Oscars Stage

My favotrite Anne Hathaway and possibly my favorite fashion moment at this years Oscars is this STUNNING Givenchy Spring 2009 Couture gown. Anne Hathawy is styled my the world-renowed Rachel Zoe (who reportedly got 6 figures to style Anne last night). I was talking to my sister during the telecast and she told me that she wants this dress, then I told her how much somehting like this could cost she almost had a heart attack.
This Lanvin tuxedo is so blah the only thing I really LOVE about this look are her crystal encrusted Brian Atwood shoes.
This Vivienne Westwood gown was my least favorite look of the night, I felt that it does NOTHING for anne, the necklace is horrid and the hair looks like Miss America.
This dress gave me my favorite moment of the show and you see it in the pic above. She said "My favorite part of hosting shows like this is i get to wear gowns that do this" *Twists and makes fringe fly out* I laughed at it!
I totally called this dress in my Anne Hathaway Oscar wish list! So go me! It is not my favorite as I feel that she should have kept it in the vibrant red and not this muted red.
This was the biggest shocker of the night. I remember this gown on the runway and thinking that it would never work in anything but editorial. Well I was proven wrong, this became my second favorite or tied for first with the Givenchy gown. I think having it made in blue was a great choice.
Ok here was the big Tom Ford moment of the night. Tom Ford promised that one of the Best Actress nominees would wear one of his gowns to the Oscars when he presented his Spring 2011 RTW collection in NYC in September of last year. Well needless to say none of them did, but Anne Hathaway did. The dress got like 60 seconds of air time. I don't like Tom Ford because he seems like a major douche-bag/asshole. Anne looked stunning though.
I missed Aishwarya Rai on the red carpet. I don't know why she was there, but this Armani Gown is pretty. I wish she had worn Elie Saab instead, tho.
Celine Dion performed Smile for the In Memorium part of the Oscars. The buzz around her performance ensemble was that she was going to wear her second Armani Prive gown of the night. She surprised wearing this simple and elegant Elie Saab.
I love this orange Roksanda Ilicic dress on Florence Welch who performed her Oscar nominated song form 127 Hours.
Gwyneth Paltrow also performed from her film Country Song. She was a nervous wreck, but looked amazing in this Michael Kors gown.
Oprah was a presenter last night. She did not walk the red carpet which is a shame because she definately could have held her own against the Hollywood elite in this Zac Posen gown.
Its not another Sharon Stone disaster but nothing that would make me jump out of my seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment