Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Oscar After Parties

Vanity Fair Post-Oscars Gala
Anna Kendrick left the gown from the ceremony behind and opted for her 2nd Elie Saab Couture look of the night this one from the Fall 2009 collection. I wish that Anna had modified this dress to be strapless would have suited her better, but she looked very youthful and pretty.
Cameron Diaz also ditched the gown, but for a Victoria Beckham Collection Fall 2010 dress. I wish she had worn gold strappy sandals with this look.
I don't like this Spring 2010 Valentino Couture dress at all and it not because Amanda Seyfried, it's just that the new design team for the house have really started to ruin the integrity of the name and Mr Valentino would NEVER had showed this monstrosity.
Katy Perry gave us Betty Paige again in this Spring 2010 Zuhair Murard Couture gown. I wish Katy would doe something different because all we ever see her in is this 1940's pinup style and it's getting old.
Kate Bosworth wore Valentino Pre-Fall 2010 and I am on the fence about this dress. I love the color on Kate, but I'm not sure about the bow detail on the shoulder.
Marchesa designer Georgina Chapman is one of the best brand ambassadors because she only wears her own collection on the red carpet. So if you haven't already figured it out Georgina is wearing Marchesa, she custom made it for this event.
Julia Roberts niece Emma Roberts attended the Vanity Fair party wearing a Reem Acra Resort 2010 dress, which she modified from the runway to have a deeper neckline. I wish she did not do that because it makes it look kike she is trying to hard.
Diane Kruger ditched her Chanel Couture gown from the Oscars cremony for this Calvin Klein Resort 2010 dress. Diane did not wow me with this dress and I sort of wished she was still wearing her Chanel gown.
Carolina Herrera looked very elegant wearing her own design.
I love Lanvin desgins but this dress on Natalie Portman just doesn't do anything for me. I wish she was wearing something more out-there.
Hilary Swank was being daring wearing an Armani Prive Fall 2009 gown. She must have used lots of topstick to ensure that she is not going to have a wardrobe malfuction. The neckline became the perfect canvas for her Van Cleef and Arpels necklace.
Kate Beckinsale wore a similar gown to the dress Taylor Swift at the VMA's. The gown was designed by Kaufman Franco just like Swift.
Jennifer Lopez redeems herself after the Armani Prive disaster at the Oscars ceremony. This dress looks amazing on Jennifer and I wish she did something more like this to the ceremony itself.
Olivia Wilde looked amazing wearing RM by Roland Mouret. I love the soft butter color and the zip up front of the gown.
Elizabeth Banks was also loyal to her main event designer again wearing a Spring 2009 Atelier Versace dress. Of the two I much prefer this look over the gray gown(see below).
Marisa Tomei hit it out of the ball park wearing this vintage gown from Halston that she purchased at Decades Vintage.
Anna Paquin did nothing for me wearing this Spring 2010 RM by Roland Mouret dress. I wish it had color and the gold necklace were unnecessary.


Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Viewing Party
Salma Hayek wore an Alexander McQueen Spring 2010 dress to the Elton John viewing party. This was the only McQueen tribute, unfortunately this dress did nothing for her and the hair and shoes were all wrong. I over all hated this look.
During the presentation when this gown came down the runway Victoria Beckham said that she was going to wear this gown. She is also the ultimate brand ambassador because on all major red carpets Victoria wears her Victoria Beckham Collection.
ZZZZZZ....Oh sorry but Malin Akerman's Spring 2010 Dolce & Gabbana dress is so worn out because EVERYONE has worn this Madonna, Dita Von Tesse, Lady Gaga, Britney Spears just to name a few, so I over the lace dress.
I think this is my favorite look from Oscar night. Lea Michelle from "Glee" wore this AMAZING Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2010 gown. This is my favorite gown from the Pre-Fall season and I'm so happy that Lea did it justice or I would have had to put her on my worst dressed.
Jennifer Hudson also looked amazing wearing Michael Kors. She looks like a goddess in this gown.
This Spring 2010 Versace gown on the runway did not work for me but Tinsley Mortimer worked this dress confirming that not everything should be judged by how it looks on the runway.


Who should be nominated for Best Dressed?

No comments:

Post a Comment