Sunday, April 18, 2010

Best of the Week of April 17th to the 24th

So the celebs are back on the red carpet, thank god. I have been through countless red carpets and have narrowed down my favs. I hope that the celebs don't start going into hiding before the Metropolitan Museum of Arts Costume Institute Gala and then the Cannes Film Festival. In the next coming weeks I will be posting some of my wished for these carpets. If you have any of your own requests please email them to me at tmonks93@gmail, I do check often so I will have your wish posted as soon as I can. Now on to the Best Dressed.

Well many of you know I had mixed feelings about Diane Kruger during awards season, bringing my favorite and least favorite looks she has worn. Diane wore this Spring 2010 RM by Roland Mouret Dress to the Genie Awards. Diane may have been in attendance to support her man, Joshua Jackson who won an award for best actor in "One Week," But it was Diane who stole the spotlight wearing a daring striped dress. This dress could have gone horribly wrong because stripes usually don't show up very well on the red carpet. But this dress just worked, and I love the pink Prada clutch and simple black sandals.
Then there is red carpet diva Camilla Belle who never gets it wrong. Here is my favorite of this weeks looks wearing Yves St Laurent gown to the Metropolitan Opera Gala Premiere of ‘Armida’ in New York. The dress is stunning and Camilla as always wears it with grace and elegance. She paired the gown with a Yves St Laurent clutch and black strappy heels.
Halle Berry still got IT. The 44 year old actress attended the Tod's Beverly Hills store opening wearing an Isabel Marant top, an All Saints vest, and Helmut Lang pants. The look is sexy and youthful yet age appropriate. Halle topped her look off with a Tod's bag and shoes.
Former model Helena Christensen attended the 2010 Tribeca Ball wearing Miu Miu dress availibe from Net-A-Porter for $1,260
Zoe Saldana also never ceases to look stunning on the red carpet. Here she is at the "Death at a Funeral" LA Premeire wearing a Lanvin dress. This dress is sort of similar to the Amanda Wakeley gown the I gave best dressed of the week a few weeks ago. Zoe paired her dress with a Christian Loubouitn clutch and pumps. Love this color on Zoe, truthfully I love just about any color on Zoe.

This is just my top 5 looks from the past week. Who do you like, who don't you like? Let me know who you liked the most. I have opened up the comments so that anyone can write in them, so please let me know you are reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment