Sunday, April 25, 2010

Best of the Week of April18th to the 24th

OK so I think the celebs are back but no actress or singer is my number one pick of the week but one of the top models right now
Here model Karlie Kloss wearing a Fall 2003 Rochas dress to the DADA Ball 2010: DADA Rocks with Decades. This dress is so couture in style yet youthful and Karlie pulls it off with a demure elegance that I'm not sure anyone else can do.
Thank God Taylor Swift did not wear her normal sparkle embellished prom gown style dress to the ACM Awards. Instead Taylor opted for this Spring 2010 Marchesa gown. On the runway I was not a fan of this dress, but on Taylor it looks elegant and classy.
OK so JLo has had an AMAZING week giving her three spots on this list. The best look is this Gianfranco Ferre dress which she paired with a Christian Louboutin studded clutch and Salvatore Ferragamo pumps. I love the sexy and edgy yet elegant part of this look. After leaving her goddess gowns behind JLo looks stunning.
Carie Underwood usually excites me on the red carpet and I do love her Basil Soda Spring 2010 Couture gown but Carrie always wears these Lebanese designers and its sort of getting old. I wish Carrie would discover some other nationalities of designers. Maybe its just a Gwen Stefani phase, lets hope the addiction passes and not the great since of style.
Here is JLo's second look on the list. The dress and shoes were designed by Lanvin and Jenny wore this look for her appearance on "Live With Regis and Kelly."
Red carpet style diva Zoe Saldana brings it yet again to the red carpet at "The Losers" LA Preimiere wearing a stunning Fall 2010 Balmain dress and the look would not be anything without her stunning Cesare Paciotti shoes.
And finally Jennifer Lopez's last look on this list, and it is from her today show appearance. Jennifer wore this Fall 2010 Halston dress and Christian Louboutin Stilletos. The amazing nude shoes completed this red dress which complemented JLo's skin beautifully.
Then there is Law & Order: SVU beauty Mariska Hargitay wearing Dries Van Noten Spring 2010. This dress is so amazing with the mix of prints that only Dries can do and I'm suprised that anyone can pull off, but Mariska does which earns her this spot on my list.
I have to highlight Heidi Klum living up to her Project Runway promises and wearing the gown the Emilio Sosa designed for her. I like this dress but much more preferred it as a gown and not a cocktail dress, but Heidi doesn't wear gowns unless to one of the major awards shows so I should have guessed that this is what was going to happen. I also love the pop of color Heidi gives through her Christian Louboutin shoes.

Who was your best dressed? Leave me comments, please. Please I am hoping to get a few wish lists to post for the Cannes Film Festival and the Met Gala, if you have any please email them to me at tmonks93@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. Mariska is a goddess. I love your dress, its beauty.

    ReplyDelete